- Purchase order creation: goods / services:
- Queensland Government (using info-records for req to PO conversion)
- Various other organisations to refine their strategy and reduce cost of processing the inbound invoice
- Invoice receipt:
- Key from image (scan then operator manually keys)
- Scanning (Optical Character Recognition)
- Electronic invoices (OB10, TradeShift, Ariba, EGS, other networks)
- Electronic invoices (XML) - for example, a supplier portal may generate an XML invoice
- Flipped invoices (taking purchase order data and 'flipping' it to create a 1:1 invoice)
- Invoice coding:
- Workflow solutions + Accounts Payable Workbench + Ariba
- Invoice matching:
- various matching algorithms at a header and line item level e.g. 1@1000 versus 1000@1 (to sensibly avoid GR/IV problems)
- Invoice workflows:
- Stochastic blocking
- Order / quantity blocking
- Price blocking
- Supplier query management:
- multiple scenarios - effectively like a CRM but for suppliers (i.e. change of bank details) / multiple anti-fraud processes
- Availability Control
- Supplier Self Service
- Vendor Portal design / implementation
- PO flip design / implementation
- Self-service design / implementation
- Fraud Detection:
- Multiple scenarios either in-house or outsourced
- PO Clean-up
- Multiple scenarios based on business rules
- GR/IR Management
- Multiple scenarios for multiple clients involving manual and automated (code-based) solutions
- Spend Analytics
- Use of SAP LIS
- Design and selection of vendors versus in-house code (Rosslyn Analytics / Ariba / ABAP / BI)
- Source of supply
- Vendor selection for electronic marketplaces / e-invoice providers:
- Onboarding programmes
- Supplier profiling
- RFP / RFI
- Integration with ERP (SAP)
- Finance Supply Chain Management
- Dynamic Discounting (multiple suppliers) + built SAP based / portal based solution
- Project management:
- Multiple P2P projects managed successfully
- Project turnarounds as well
- Business Scenarios:
- Shared Service
Led P2P Blueprint for Thomson (TUI Group) including implementation of ReadSoft (at Blueprint level):
- Vendor Master Data management
- Incoming invoice coding / approvals
- Purchase order creation
- Supplier / Customer relationships & netting
- Loads to Suppliers / repayment algorithms
Learned SAP Vendor Invoice Management (Open Text VIM) - performed a wide range of hands-on changes within the Invoicing Cockpit.
Managed the formation of a partnership with Ariba (services & sales) - pre-SAP acquisition.
Used TradeShift & Taulia in solution architectures for low cost electronic invoicing & supply chain financing.
Integrated TradeShift UBL into Accounts Payable Workbench.
Led the partnership with Concur & architected solutions using Concur technology within outsourcing & consulting scenarios.
WNS was the Concur implementation partner at this point.
Enhanced the Accounts Payable Workbench product to include:
- Improved workflow routines (approval / coding)
- P-Card integration
- Accrual reporting automation
- Vendor Self-service portal
- Simulation of an MM Invoice and an FI Invoice (per SAP standard)
- Incorporation of service purchase orders (Service Entry Sheets)
Implemented widely - client examples:
- Weil-Cornelly University
- Enfield County Council
- Newcastle University
- the British Council
- Sony Music
Ran Concur whilst working with lastminute.com as an expense management solution
Development, sale, implementation, solution design, architecture, support of an Incoming Invoice cockpit:
- Accounts Payable Workbench 2.0 (used Business Connector)
- Accounts Payable Workbench 3.0 (used Apache Tomcat / Static HTML pages
Software sales occurred via SAP Service Catalogue ('packaged service')
Continual transformation work in the area of P2P Finance; simultaneous streams for SRM implementation. Clients:
- London Metropolitan Police Force
- Direct Energy
- Bedfordshire County Council
Specified a dynamic discounting package inside SAP which utilised a web portal & discounted cash flow analysis techniques to allow offers to be made to settle vendor invoices early, at a reduced cost. The vendor would accept using a self-service portal. This was coded and taken all the way to a pre-production release. Insufficient market demand at the time for this solution.
SRM Project Manager - SERCO on-behalf of local government organisation.
P2P Finance lead for Business Process Redesign project - Queensland Government.
160,000 employees, 28 government agencies.
Part of a team that used Lotus Notes to create electronic requisitioning into SAP R/3 for 1200 users.
These were converted to a Purchase Order using info-records.